I couldn’t resist…

I sold my Delorean about eight years ago and have really missed it ever since. So today I got another one (this isn’t my new one, it’s just a picture off Wikipedia). The price was really low, so I hope when I go to inspect it in person that it doesn’t turn out to be a scam or have some catch that makes me sadly walk away without a silver gullwing-doored beauty. It’s an automatic this time, so that means Caitlin can drive it too. I’ve had the Saab Sonnet III back on the road over the last couple of weeks (the truck needs a tuneup) — even though the rear view mirror fell off on the highway (it was not “authentic” so I’m not too stressed, and it’s no big deal to get a better replacement anyway) — and other than it being physically hard for me to get in and out of the car because I don’t have the leg strength to deal with the low to the ground seats, I sure do enjoy driving it, and I feel a real sense of peace behind the wheel of the right car.

Click it to amuse yourself with how the filter I mentioned an entry down handles it.



  1. Caitlin wrote:

    It’s funny how you say that I “can” drive it, giving the impression that I “do” actually drive.

    “Could” might be a better word here.

    Friday, February 19, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Permalink
  2. Indebted wrote:

    Neat filter, but even cooler car. Hope it works out.

    Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Permalink
  3. Shannon wrote:

    Me too… It seems almost too good to be true. At the price, I could turn around and sell it tomorrow and make an easy profit. It won’t surprise me one bit if the car does not exist.

    Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Permalink
  4. Mike wrote:

    Was the automatic transmission rare for this car? I seem to only remember seeing manuals. My neighbor growing up had one. Super fun car.

    Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Permalink
  5. Phil wrote:

    Just one problem with running cost though Shannon. Have you worked into your budget how much the Plutonium will cost for those time travelling journies?!!!

    Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 1:38 am | Permalink
  6. Phil wrote:

    Soz that should be Journeys! Its too early here!

    Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 1:39 am | Permalink
  7. Shannon wrote:

    I’m not sure how rare the automatic is… My previous one was a manual transmission, and it was really nice on the highway with real long legs (driving at 130khp at 1500rpm or something) but was a pain in the city on hills and so on because the car is a bit heavy and underpowered.

    Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Permalink
  8. Phil Moore wrote:

    Mmmmmm the DeLorean. Those Long legs are for a reason Shannon. That 2.8 loves to be revved. The mechanical injection speaks to that effect. The automatic was fairly rare, people mostly ordered the standard. Another unique benefit was the nearly 50/50 weight distribution, al la Lotus. The DMC is a beast, just remember that you gotta wind that beast to the moon. Ps, my dad has a Lotus Europa, but you might remember that, we have it on the road again, fantastic.

    Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Permalink
Wow Shannon, that's really annoying! What is it, 1997 on Geocities? Retroweb is NOT cool!

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *